The hallways of the Nordelec are beginning to look a lot like Christmas, don’t you think? We think so too and we know that you have volunteered this year to host your family’s Holiday dinner because you want your loved ones to see your amazing new unit. To give you a little hand in the preparations, we asked the charming and talented Chef of Miss Prêt À Manger and Monsieur resto & bar, and resident of the Nordelec, Kimberly Lallouz, to reveal her best Christmas drinks. And lucky as we are, not only did she give us the recipes, but she also took the time to make the drinks for us in the Urban Lounge, for our taste buds’ delight.
We got to taste two of Kim’s very own drinks, but we also got to spend time with her. As we watched her prepare a few drinks for us, we started chatting about her recent trip to the Cayman Islands, where she was invited as speaker for a marketing conference. Indeed, her entrepreneurship and her great success with her restaurants and catering companies have been heard of way beyond our borders and people want to know her secret. Having worked in fashion for a long time before deciding to follow her dreams and becoming a chef, Kim certainly learned from that industry. But there are no secrets to her success; she works hard and with all the passion that inhabits her. Her passion for food and for discovery are what drives her everyday to create dishes and drinks that are not only amazingly tasty but made with fresh and healthy ingredients.
And we definitely witnessed this passion as she was preparing her cocktails. We know, you’re jealous. But don’t be because here are the recipes for you and your loved ones to enjoy, just like we did! And, if you want to see more of your lovely neighbour’s life at the Nordelec, check her out on Instagram @labluesy or #labluesyaimenordelec.
- 30 ml (1 oz.) Galliano
- 30 ml (1 oz.) Sortilège
- 90 ml (3 oz.) espresso coffee (decaffeinated if desired)
- Whipped cream
- Cocoa powder
- Holiday season candies of your choosing – smashed
- 15 ml (1/2 oz.) Jameson for a little kick!
- In an old fashioned champagne glass, pour the elements in layers (hot or cold)
- Garnish with whipped cream, cocoa powder and candies
Kim’s Pimm’s Cup
- 30 ml (1 oz.) Pimm’s
- 30 ml (1 oz.) Gin
- 60 ml (2 oz.) citrus juice mix (citrus/lime)
- 7 Up OR soda OR champagne (Everything is better with champagne!)
- Fresh mint
- Powdered sugar
- In a shaker, pour Pimm’s, gin and citrus juice mix.
- Add a few slices of cucumber
- Shake well
- Pour the mix into a highball glass, three-quarters full of ice
- Add 7 Up, soda or champagne to get a Royal Pimm’s
- Garnish with cucumber and mint covered with powdered sugar